Waipā is at Orange in the COVID-19 Protection Framework. New arrangements now apply, For more click here.
|Written by:||George R. R. Martin|
|Review by:||Reece Wijohn|
|Series:||The Book of Swords|
This is a book consisting of 7 fantasy short stories by some big names in fantasy. The stories are,
- A skilled swordsman broke in a new city. Looking for honest or dishonest work.
- An old man telling the story about stealing the treasure of ten thousand lifetimes.
- Two rogues with a safe in an industrial city looking for a locksmith.
- Three companions sent to a cursed island in search of a lost kingdoms treasures.
- A gunsmith addict hired to kill a god.
- A story about an evil sword and revenge.
- The history of Maegor Targaryen known as Maegor the Cruel.
Some people may be put off by anthology novels because you may not like some of the stories, but you are guaranteed to like some as well.
What I like about them is that I always find new authors and new books to read. This is definitely the case with The Books of Swords Part 2.
I liked all the stories, some more than others but none were boring. If you like fantasy this is for you. If you're running low on fantasy books and authors this is especially for you! I found at least three of these stories that I loved and now I need to read more by these authors!