New Zealand is now at Alert Level 2 and our Waipā District Council’s libraries are preparing to reopen. Our libraries will reopen at Alert Level 2 in stages.
We’re excited to announce we will be opening our doors to patrons from Monday 25 May. Some services will be available from Monday 18 May.
Our top priority during this time will be ensuring your safety and the safety of our staff so we ask that you work with us and adhere to restrictions which will be in place.
From 18 May 2020 in Alert Level 2 at the libraries:
- The afterhours returns slot at both facilities will be reopened for returns.
- Return dates on all items have been extended and overdue fees waived so residents do not need to rush to return library books.
- When returning library books, residents should keep at least 2 metres distance between themselves and others.
- All items returned will be quarantined for 72 hours to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- A call and collect service will be available. Library users can call Cambridge Library on 07 823 3838 or Te Awamutu Library on 07 872 0055 and pre-book a collection time. Patrons may also make requests via email, Facebook message or via holds placed online or via the Bookmyne app.
- During this time, both libraries will remain shut to the general public.
Both the Cambridge and Te Awamutu libraries will reopen on 25 May 2020 from 9am-5pm on weekdays.
After this date:
- A maximum of 50 people will be allowed in the Te Awamutu library and 30 in the Cambridge library at any one time.
- This will operate on a one in one out policy and library users will have a maximum of 20 minutes inside the facility.
- All library users must sign a register before entering the building for contact tracing purposes.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up at both entrances.
- Magazines, newspapers and computer terminals will not be available and library users won’t be able to sit and study in the library.
- Any residents in need of assistance should speak to library staff.
- Regular fees and charges on e-Resources will resume from 25 May.